Lab draw station re-open. We have re-opened our lab draw stations at both offices. Lab draw is available on Tuesdays 8:30am to 10:00am. Lab draw is Surfside are Mondays and Thursdays 9:00am to 10:30am. Masks are mandatory.
Vaccine Information: Tidelands Health in Georgetown and Murrells Inlet have opened vaccinations to those 55 years of age and older.
Below is a link to the Tidelands Web Site for those 70 years of age and older to register for the vaccination.
Doctor's Care Urgent Care center also is providing the vaccination. They are also requiring online registration. Web site for registration is below:
MUSC in Charleston is registering patients 70 and older for the vaccine. The vaccine can be obtained in Charleston, North Charleston, and Mount Pleasant. MUSC may open additional locations across the state. Their web site in below:
Conway Medical center is also registering patients 55 and above. They are registering by phone at 843.234.7393. Registration is also possible at the following web site:
I wholeheartedly recommend the vaccination to everyone eligible.
Office is open for scheduled appointments in the morning. Telemedicine visits are offered in the afternoons.
Our practice is currently open, but operating at a reduced capacity. In order to maximize patient and staff safety, the following guidelines are in place.
1. We will be operating by appointment only. To minimize exposure, we will be scheduling no more than 5-7 patients daily. Appointments will be on a first call basis. We will also be calling patients with previously scheduled appointments and for rescheduled appointments.
2. All patients and visitors will be required to wear facemasks. Handkerchief masks are encouraged. DUE TO PPE SHORTAGES WE CAN NOT PROVIDE MASKS.
3. Office doors will remain locked. Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes prior to your appointment time and no later than 5 minutes after your appointment time. We are only allowing one patient in the office at a time and due to this if you are more than 5 minutes late you will be asked to reschedule.
4. Knock on door, or call or text office number (843.360.2776) when you arrive. We will meet you at door, and check your temperature. All patients with temperature greater than 100.4, and/or with symptoms of cough or shortness of breath will either be brought straight back into exam room, or will have visit conducted at car/parking lot/ or doorway, whichever is most convenient.
5. We understand many patients prefer to have a spouse or family member present with them during their office visit. However, during this time we ask that this practice be limited as much as possible. While we will not refuse one family member present during exam, for patient and staff safety we would prefer patients only in exam room during visit. In order to limit persons in the waiting room, we would also ask for drivers and other family members to wait for the patient in their car if possible.
6. LABS: Because of PPE shortage, we are unable to provide PPE for staff to safely perform lab draws. Due to this, we are unable to perform lab draws. All labs will need to be performed at Tidelands, Grand Strand or Conway Hospitals or the local Labcorp or Quest labs. If you would like to have labs performed prior to your visit, we can fax or e-mail a lab order to you.
7. ONLINE VIDEO VISITS. We are still able to provide office visits via the Internet. Many of you have already used this service during the pandemic. We use a secure and Health Care Information compliant service called Doximity. All that is needed is a smartphone, iPhone, iPad, or PC with an Internet connection. No app download is needed. If you are interested in this service, ask us and we can assist with arrangements.